Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Susan B. Anthony Quotes

I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.

Independence is happiness.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.

If all the rich and all of the church people should send their children to the public schools they would feel bound to concentrate their money on improving these schools until they met the highest ideals.

Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done.

Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations... can never effect a reform.

The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled the more I gain.

Suffrage is the pivotal right.

I shall earnestly and persistently continue to urge all women to the practical recognition of the old Revolutionary maxim. Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

This is rather different from the receptions I used to get fifty years ago. They threw things at me then but they were not roses.

No comments: